The past month and a half has not been conducive to much blogging, as viewers can see from the long absence since my last post. After a few too many DDoS attacks on Balance of Culture’s current server, I considered switching over to a new server even though it is still quite a hassle to do so (blogging platforms and servers have not evolved enough in my opinion, but that’s an entirely different story). I’m still deciding on the switch, which I’m reluctant to do for technical reasons.
Then our senior Yorkshire Terrier, Muki (above), started slowing down and showing signs of fatigue and illness. Thankfully he continues to recover and has been quite well the past couple of days—the vet pointed out his age (16 years!) and believes he’s just dealing with a lot of issues that the senior Yorkie years bring to the table. Still, the past few weeks were pretty scary and stressful...we’ve been with him 24/7, monitoring his every move, giving his antibiotics twice daily, administering his subcutaneous injections every other morning, and cooking him high nutrient meals at home. Muki is such a strong little soul! #keepfightingMuki!
- Artist Ai Weiwei’s own essay titled “On Self-Censorship”, a fitting theme as his “leg gun” meme continues to make the rounds online.
- UNESCO has accepted China’s Nanjing Massacre and ‘comfort women’ documentation.
- Why AP uses ISIL instead of ISIS to refer to the Qaeda splinter group.
- (ICYMI) ISIL troops made sure to destroy ancient Syrian artifacts as they expand their control in the region.
- F1 racer Michael Schumacher is now in rehab after waking from a coma caused by a severe skiing accident.